Last week, Natalie invited me to Dad's Day at her school. Since Jamie had already been to Mom's Day, I kind of knew what to expect. I was told not to be "that dad", and show up late. I arrived in plenty of time, and Natalie greeted me with a big hug. She sang a couple of songs. The teacher read a story, and then we worked on a craft together. Days like Dad's day at your kids' school are the things you look forward to in your head when your baby is first born. Owen would be five this year, and I often think of what him and his dad would be doing this summer. Probably playing catch and riding bikes. It's now getting time where I can do some of those fun things with Natalie. (I am not saying that the first three years weren't fun, just that you don't dream of changing your kid's diapers and midnight feedings.) I posted the video that I shot of the songs Natalie sang. It brought a small tear to my eye when she pointed at me during the song. (I am comfortable with being a wuzz). Enjoy the video.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad Natalie has a dad who adores her so much. Love the video!
Post a Comment