Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer of Fun

So when I looked through the Parks and Rec Summer Guide there were like a hundred things I wanted to sign Natalie up for...but my level headed husband advised me not to over book Natalie so we let her pick two things and she chose gymnastics and swimming. We decided to go ahead and sign Justin up for swimming during the same time just so he could have some fun in the water even though he technically isn't really learning how to swim just yet. Both have been a lot of fun.

Natalie has loved gymnastics and just had her last lesson today. She's just so cute out there doing bridges, somersaults, walking on the balance beam and swinging on the bar. I think she was a little sad that this was her last day but daddy surprised her by showing up for her last lesson so she was full of smiles all day because of that.


As for swim lessons, we are in week two and as much fun as the kids have mom and dad are glad this is the last week. We meet nightly Monday through Thursday so by Thursday we are pretty worn out. It also takes up the night so we haven't had much chance for anything else. However, Natalie is a "duck" and is doing quite well. We'll find out on Thursday if she will continue to be a duck or move onto becoming a "goose" when we resume lessons next summer. Justin is fairly indifferent about the pool experience. He doesn't hate it...and on occasion he smiles and even gives us a giggle...so I would say he enjoys it for the most part. I'm sure next year he'll do better because he'll be able to participate a little more.


The kids should now be ready to the hit the pool hard when we go on vacation in a few weeks! I'll keep you posted!


No comments: