I do not have a growing old phobia but it is amazing that as you get older you reach numbers that seem to be old (especially in a college town) but you don't feel old. I look at my kids and realize that this is a great time in my life and I'm just happy to be able to run around after them.
For my birthday bash, Natalie and Aaron made me a cake. Natalie said I had three choices for my cake: Dora, Cinderella, or Max and Ruby. I chose Cinderella and then had to choose between pink or yellow frosting, and I picked pink. So...they delivered me a home-made pink Cinderella cake. I was quite impressed with their decorating abilities. The cinderella portion came off and revealed a Happy Birthday Mom message and it was delicious! I received lots of nice cards...but the cutest on was from Natalie in which she recorded a message for me on the card. I hope it lasts forever because it's the cutest thing ever. We went out for dinner and despite lots of rain had a nice little birthday.
Here's a picture:
Thank you to everyone that sent me a card and/or called me yesterday. It's nice to have such wonderful family and friends that love me.
And for those counting....I'm proud to say that I'm officially 32 years old!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment